NBA 2K celebrates 20 years of redefining what sports gaming can be, from best in class graphics and gameplay to groundbreaking game modes and an immersive open-world “neighbourhood” NBA 2K19 continues to push limits as it brings gaming one step closer to real-life basketball excitement and culture.
the NBA 2K19 20th anniversary edition includes the following digital items:
- 100,000 virtual currency
- 50,000 myTEAM points
myTEAMleague packs (delivered one a week). build your perfect fantasy team featuring a guaranteed Sapphire LeBron card and more
- 10 myTEAM pack (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for myCOURT
- LeBron myCOURT design
- king’s collection –
nikeLeBron appeareland footwear (25 pairs!)
physical items included:
- Sticker sheet
- they upgraded our play art for for NBA 2K19
- both our lite and full play art option have received a visual and funtional update
- if you navigate to play art in the front-end or the in-game pause menu, you can select between these play vision display option
- lite is the best for experience play callers who prefer not to have a lot of visual cue’s on screen
- full play art is perfect for those who enjoys who enjoy a little extra visual assistance on screen to help them execute the perfect game-plan
FULL AND LITE
- lite and full offers you the best of both worlds and will ensure that you learn every nuance of than play or action
ON THE FLY COACHING
- they streamlined our OTFC menu to allow users to make quick changes to their offensive coaching stratergies
- D-pad to the left will bring up the play-calling menu. this gives you access to two dynamic plays. a quick post up and isolation action as well as smart play.
- the dynamics plays are selected according to the adaptive coaching engine(ACE). or the user selected game-plan if ACE is turned off
PLAYER SPECIFIC DYNAMIC PLAY
- if you want to call a play for a specific player but you do not want to search through the playbook, tap LB and the player icon. the first page will have a quick post-up and cut to the basket options. in addition the bottom two choices will dynamically select a play of that type from your playbook.
- in this third year of our transition update there were a number of technical improvements that were done under the hood. what we were able to achieve is the best flow and spacing in transition we have done to date. when players fill their proper lanes, it naturally leads you into your early offense opportunities
- freelance is the default motion a user AI runs when not actively running a play. our implementation of freelances a few years ago changed the landscape for user’s expectation in terms of the depth, variety, and authentication of the default motion sets and actions. each year we have continued to refine the infrastructure and add to the technical capabilities of these system
the game have twenty freelances that you may already be familiar with
- 2 man action
- 2-3 zone
- 3 out 2 in
- 3-2 zone
- 4 out 1 in
- 7 seconds or less
- pace(new actions)
- floppy set
- hawks set
- thru set
- 86’celtics motion
their freelance tech has matured to the point where it is has become an infrastructure and now a freelance can be anything we want it to be. in an effort to provide users with more current freelance types. we took what sets, series, or actions teams like to run and turned them into seven brand new modern freelances. if you are a basketball junkie some of these names will be familiar
- delay – quick hitting motions designed to get a quick shot
- flip push – lite motion offense with cut actions great to create spaces for manual pick and rolls
- piston snap – requires correct spacing and timing to work properly
- philly elbow – motion with big at the elbow, clean and simple actions.
- point – quick hitting motion favorited by up-tempo teams
- boston 14 motion – we took the celitics 14 series and turned it into freelance. the deeper the base set we pull from the more creative it makes me in the freelance implementation
- 43 motion – another series we converted from the celtics.
that brings our freelance total 27 for this year. they saved three freelance spots. these appear in the OTFC menu as freelance 1, freelance 2, and freelance 3. the open spots allow me to create and add a new, or update and bring back a freelance, we had in game previously.
REBUILT DOUBLE TEAM REACTION MODULE
so this year they re-wrote our double team module AI to anticipate the double team. they turned it so that even though the system detects the double early it still gives you time to retreat the double team response. now, action
this, combined with the double team work on the defensive side means our double teams play out more organically. it is no longer an situation. you will see cases where the offense scores. you will see situations where the defense adjusts and takes away the initial pass. what is really exciting is that we have seen cases where the defense adjust again. it is the beautiful thing of the game to watch and show just how deep and integrated our AI system
if we find that there is a particular set or area of the floor where double teams are too effective we are able to add coverage via a roster update through ACE.
ATTACK AND RETREAT PRESSURE RELIEF MODULE
the AI doesn’t mindlessly take every open drive opportunity. in some cases it will neglect the open space to stay in the play. so you will see all kinds of variation in term of when the do it and if they attack. the right combination of tempo and tendencies can have some players constantly attacking defenders who are out of position. while other players will prefer to stay with the called action.
in the NBA, a series is a group of plays with similar base that allow a team to read the defense and have pre-determined reads to take advantage of defense on the fly. some teams will run a series
the premise of a series is that the familiarity of the set gives the defense false confidence and allows them to be fooled or misdirected when things don’t turn out as they anticipated.
the series concept was invented to increase the ability of the AI to execute but we do allows the user access to the series through the OTFC.
with users in god mode, they can see everything coming. so we added counters and reads to keep users busy when defending against the series.
series actions in NBA 2K19 are not just a collection of regular plays. they are built with our brand new procedure AI. each action is packed with solution for the AI to overcome defensive obstacles. if you watch the videos in the procedure AI section again, remainder that it is a single series action that all of those options spawn out of.
each series has between four and ten separate action. a series can be added to indefinitely so as we move forward each series can continue to grow as deep as they see fit. we can also update existing
series action and even add new actions via a roster update.
to really grasp the depth and quality of the series you have to get your hands on the game. there has never been anything like this.
the series available in NBA 2K19 this year are:
- C POINT SERIES
- BOSTON ZIPPER SERIES
- 21 DELAY SERIES
- EAR TUG SERIES
- FLIP PUSH SERIES
- FORTY THREE SERIES
- PISTON SNAP SERIES
- PHILLY ELBOW SERIES
- POINT SERIES
- HORNS DOUBLE SERIES
- DOUBLE DRAG SERIES
- CHEST FLARE SERIES
- IVERSON BOX SERIES
- WARRIOR FIST SERIES
- DELAY SERIES
- BULL PITCH SERIES
- SPUR ZIPPER SERIES
- SPUR THUR SERIES
- HAWK SERIES
- HORNS SERIES
- FOURTEEN SERIES
- 4 SIDE SERIES